There are so many travel quotes out there, but I decided to compile a list of my favorites. Enjoy these 30 inspirational travel quotes and even save the picture & share if you find one you love!
1. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
One of my favorite things about traveling is the endless amount of stories you gain from all your experiences. Both the good and the bad times give you so many memories to share with loved ones.
2. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
3. “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” – Sandra Lake
I love this one because you really don't fully understand it until you travel. The more you travel, the more you understand and appreciate other cultures and people from around the world. This also helps you understand yourself and your own upbringing even more. It's such a beautiful thing.
4. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
This is one of my favorites. So many people say they can't afford to travel, but if you make it a priority you will quickly see how attainable it is. And out of all the things in this world that you can spend your money on, traveling is the only thing that gives you something in return: endless memories, understanding about yourself, and new experiences.
5. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
6. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
7. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
Once you get out of your comfort zone, you'll start to see all the amazing things that life can offer you! You just have to have courage to take that leap of faith.
8. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
9. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
This one is so relatable, because once you start to travel and immerse yourself in other cultures you see how much you grow as a person. You see yourself changing and becoming more understanding, loving, and accepting. Once this happens, you start to see the world through a new lens, & you can never go back!
10. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
Probably every traveler's life motto. Every time I start to think I've traveled a lot, I look at a world map and all the places I still want to go and realize I haven't even scratched the surface!
11. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
12. “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
13. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block
I love this one because of course you always have a list of things you want to see or do when you go to a new place. But I've found that usually my fondest memories of a city come from the unexpected things that happened- like getting lost and stumbling upon something I had never heard of before!
14. “To travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
15. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – Melody Truong
16. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
17. "Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul." - Jamie Lyn Beatty
This one is kind of a catch 22 because you need money in your pocket in order to travel and fill your soul! But I think it's important to have goals and know that you are working to achieve those goals and live life, rather than living your life just to work and pay bills.
18. "I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them, than to travel with them." - Mark Twain
This is the most accurate quote of them all. If you are thinking of marrying someone or even think someone is your best friend- go on a trip with them. You will quickly find out if you really are as compatible as you thought!
19. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.” – Jennifer Lee
20. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” -Gustav Flaubert
21. “He who would travel happily must travel light.” -Antoine de St. Exupery
You don't need a lot of material objects with you to travel- bring only the necessary things and be ready to soak it all in!
22. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Helen Keller
23. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac
Very true. Don't think about the things that could go wrong or what scares you and just get stuck in your normal routine- go out of your comfort zone! Buy that flight! Swim in that ocean! Climb that mountain!
24. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” -Confucius
25. “Don’t call it a dream…call it a plan” -Anonymous
If you want to accomplish something in life, make it a reality. Create a plan. Make a timeline. Stick to your budget. You don't want to always say "I wish I could," you want to start saying "I DID THAT!"
26. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” – Anita Desai
27. "Life is a journey, not a destination.”- Anonymous
28. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well. ” – Eugene Fodor
I love this one because so many people assume I have a lot of money because I travel a lot. But then I tell them how much I spent and they always can't believe it. Like the fact that an entire week in Bali (flight included) can be cheaper than going to Coachella for the weekend. Yup, that's true. You can travel without being rich, I promise you it's attainable.
29. "When was the last time you did something for the first time?" - John C. Maxwell
30. "Fill your life with adventures, not things." - Anonymous
I'm ending with my favorite one. It's short and simple- straight to the point. The most important things you can fill your life with are adventures and experiences. Material items will never bring you the joy you're looking for! Buy that plane ticket instead!
Pin this to read again later!